Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello

It's been a while. A long while. Almost exactly a year, in fact. I should first start off by stating that since my last post, I've relocated from Vancouver, BC to Amsterdam, Netherlands. Having spent the majority of my life in Canada, the European culture is definitely something to behold and having the chance to experience the lifestyle -- rather than being a "tourist" -- here has been very educational.

Some quick notes regarding Europe:
  • Depending on our clients' audience, IE 6 users make up less than 3% of traffic.
  • Opposed to iOS or Android apps, mobile web apps are HOT.
  • Developing work with the intention of supporting 10 different languages is the standard; not the exception.
  • Practically everyone is bilingual, while others are tri, even quad-lingual!
  • The BR Amsterdam office is comprised of a lot of Sweds!
As the tablet market is heating up, I'll probably be posting more information on development for these platforms. What I can say, currently, is that tablet usage in Amsterdam is still relatively low. Will that change in the next year? Most definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment